Rules of the Award
- To thank the persons who nominated you and link the post back to them.
- Display the Sunshine Blogger Award picture on your post.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominator gave you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who motivate you.
- Provide 11 questions to your nominees.
I thank Divya Krishnan of www.merrymotherhood.co.in for nominating me. I am both surprised and happy at the same time. I am neither very social nor a great networker. So if I am nominated, my degree of discomfort and awkwardness increases by several fold. Now I have to nominate a few people. I do not know how they will respond or react. Well! the die is cast. I shall do my part. Thank you again Divya Krishnan.
Answer to Questions asked by the nominator – Divya Krishnan
- What prompted you to start writing?
I wanted to do convey my thoughts and ideas to people. I am not a very outgoing and extroverted person. I am more comfortable conveying my point of view in writing. I can form my arguments and thoughts better. Blogging appeared to be a nice way to interact with people.
- How has your blog changed you as a person?
I have learnt a few things about blogging through blogging. Like every sphere of life blogging is also dependent on networking and working with other bloggers. Though I am not a professional blogger, it feels good if someone leaves a comment and visits your blog. To attract bloggers to your blog needs strategy and networking. So I have started networking in a limited way to improve organic traffic. I have also become aware of a vast number of bloggers that write on any topic under the sun. So now I am conscious of the diversity.
- Assuming you read books, name that one book which you often quote from.
I do not often quote from any book. I quote from works of Swami Vivekananda and teachings of Sri Rama Krishna at times.
- Name that one writer whose works you keep going back to read.
There are many writers that I love to read. To name just one is Bibhuti Bhusan Bandyopadhyay.
- Assuming you listen to music, what is that one song that you feel was written for you.
“Aa chal ke tujhe mai leke chaloon —-“
song writer – Kishore Kumar,
Singer – Kishore Kumar
Movie – Door Gagan ki Chaon Mein
- Assuming yet again that you watch movies, name that one movie that made you rethink the way you lived your life.
Movie : Satyakam
Director : Hrishikesh Mukherjee
Story : Naryan Sanyal
- Who is that one person you love so much that you hate yourself for it? (in other words that one person you cannot imagine life without?
Cannot think of any.
- What is your worst fear?
Someone or something hurting my pride and ego and I am unable to defend myself.
- What motivates you to wake up each day?
Anticipation of something new and exciting is going to happen today.
- Given a choice, would you hike up a mountain or go diving in the ocean?
Hike up a mountain.
- Happiness or Contentment? Why?
I want to be both happy and content. May be I shall be happy because I am content.
My Questions to Nominees
- Why do you blog?
- What does blogging mean to you?
- What is your favorite blogging topic and why?
- Who is your audience and how do you reach out to them?
- How do you intend to expand your reach and your reader base?
- Who is your favorite blogger from your genre?
- Do you intend to be a professional blogger ever?
- Do you intend to convert your blogposts into a book?
- What is the importance of Sun Shine Blogger nomination to you?
- In addition to blogging, what else is your hobby?
- What is one thing that no one knows about you?